The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, April 23, 2007

No Place Like Home

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am rested, tanned and looking radiant. Florida was a blast. Husband and I spent a lovely week basking in the sun at St. Pete Beach. In true blogging style. here are the bullets...

  • I did not think we would make it out of Lake Effect Snow Central. It was raining and snowing like crazy. Our connecting flight was south of all the craziness, but we were bumped to a later flight.
  • Have any of you experienced the new security booth where you are hit with puffs of air? I swear, one of those puffs of air went straight up my ass!
  • We will never use a certain rental car company again. The girl at the counter was completely incompetent. She tried to downgrade our car selection because she was too lazy to call the fleet manager to request the full size car we requested. We did end up with a nice Nissan. The keyless start was pretty funky.
  • St. Pete Beach is beautiful!!!!!!
  • When we arrived at the hotel, we were pleased to learn that we were upgraded to an ocean-view suite! We had a corner room with a balcony! Plus, we were a stone's throw from the pool and the bar.
  • But what is up with the bar closing at 10 PM?!?! Thankfully, there was a liquor store across the street!
  • Note to the three guys wearing Speedo style swim suits. Just stop it. No one wants or needs to see your Dunlaps Syndrome. Even Olympic swimmers gave up wearing them.
  • Note to parents...the jacuzzi is not the place to teach your little one how to swim. Also, disciplining your children does not go on vacation because you do.
  • Breakfast cost about as much as dinner. What's up with that?????
  • We did have some decadent meals on our trip. Here is a pic of our a last dinner.


That's a 1.8 ounce lobster tail on my plate! And yes, I ate the whole thing...Pinchy would have wanted it that way! Husband, in true carnivore fashion, devoured his steak! By the end of the meal...we were full, fat and happy! I don't want to think about how much weight I gained on this trip!

We picked up the Boy on Saturday. He was so happy to see us. He was doing his best to talk, trying to tell us about his little vacation. We spent the weekend relaxing, enjoying the nice weather we brought back with us. It was 70 degrees in LESC over the weekend!

Back to reality.. I guess. I had 315 Blog-lines posts to read. You guys kept busy in my absence. No news on the job front or on the LL.M. program. Sigh.

But it is good to be home!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome back! We missed you almost as much as the Boy did!!!

RageyOne said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you all had a fabulous time!

Puffs of air? How in the world does that work?

Prisca said...

So glad you're home!
I have happy memories of the St. Pete Beaches and I'm glad they lived up to your desires. :)

Enjoy sunshine on the homefront and get extra hugs and kisses from The Boy. :)

I'm crossing my fingers for you on the job/school front.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back!

Seeking Solace said...

Ragey: You step into an enclosed booth. Then, puffs of air shoot out the sides of the booth. I guess it performs a full body scan.

I was joking with the woman in front of me that this thing should give us a mammogram while we are in there!

comebacknikki said...

Oooooh - sounds like you had a fabulous time! Yay! :)

Weezy said...

Welcome back girl, we missed ya! I was thinking of you this afternoon as I had a Buffett playlist on in the hammock. Glad to see you had a great time

Subscribe