The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Bullets of Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Holiday bullets:

  • My father-in-law has grown a mullet. That's right, a mullet! I am trying to figure out why a 65 year old man would even consider such a horrendous thing. One guess is mid life crisis. Someone asked me if he has purchased a Corvette yet. That leads me to my next guess which is he is too cheap! I have threatened to cut it while he is sleeping.
  • My mom is doing great with her cancer treatment. I think what has helped her is her cat, a beautiful Maine Coon cat. There is truly a link between animals and healing.
  • I was able to do some Christmas shopping while I was away. It helps that there is no sales tax on most items in Redneck-ville State.

Other bullets:

  • I am one step closer to finishing the divorce from Hell. I submitted the papers for the Judge's signature. Once I receive them, I can file them with the court clerk. Yippie!!!! Only one more month of malpractice insurance payments!!!!
  • It is raining like crazy here. It is supposed to change to snow tonight. I had to laugh at a Dallas woman I saw on the new yesterday. She was "afraid" of the snow. I told Husband that we should move there and bring winter gear and sell it. We would make a killing!!!
  • I had to knock some sense into a couple of my students in my Employment Law class. I have one student who is just phenomenal. She is an excellent student. She gets A's on all of her work, plus does any extra credit that is offered. She is the president of her honorary fraternity and an officer in other clubs. Plus, she is a divorced mom with six kids. She doesn't brag about her grades or complains about her life. But two students in my class know that she does well and they give her grief because they believe she is "killing the curve." One said something so disrespectful that I had to step in and address the issue. I told them that I don't grade on a curve, I have never graded on a curve and will never grade on a curve. I also told them that the grade you get is the grade you earn. You give crap, you get a crap grade. I also told them that treating this student they way that they do is not only disrespectful, but extremely childish, and if they continue to act like children, I would treat them as such.
  • Go here and vote to name the Atlanta Zoo's new baby Panda "Bright Star" after the lovely Bright Star!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that my Mom's cat helped her get through her cancer treatments, too. That cat never left her side from the moment that she got home from the hospital each time (not even to go eat) until my Mom began to feel better.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I gotta know . . . did you chastise the students in class or did you speak to them privately? I have this kind of situation occur quite frequently, and I never seem to get it (the chastisement) right. I do it, and someone complains that I was "mean." :-)

BrightStar (B*) said...

awww... thanks for the panda support!

I'm glad to hear about your mom. And ending the divorce case.

Anonymous said...

hope your mom's health continues to improve.


btw, i love how snow and rain are "breaking news stories" in generally hot places. poor afraid woman...

Subscribe