The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fear

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I have been dealing with some heavy stuff lately. The stress of it all has led to a pretty bad RA flare. (Stress will do that). Today is much better in that it does not hurt that much to type. I still have some trouble walking,.

I so want to talk about what's going on. But, I am afraid that I might give away to much and identify myself. Maybe I am being a bit paranoid, but given what I have been dealing with, I am extremely guarded. It seems that when I have either opened up or sought guidance, it has come back to bite me in ways that you cannot imagine. It has gotten to the point where I am afraid to ask or question anything that goes on at my place of employment. I cannot engage in confidential conversations with colleagues regarding student issues without fear of extreme blow-back. I am in fear for my job.

I hate this. I feel like no one seems to get it. Maybe, I don't get it.

7 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I'm sorry you're dealing with whatever these issues are, and I hope you are able to find someone to talk to about them! Hell, you can email me if you want - I won't tell anyone. :)

Alice said...

Oh, so sorry! Hugs and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

I echo Dr. BH. I recently experienced somethign that I could not blog about and it was very difficult to get through without that regular channel of expression and thought. I totally understand.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about that. I know of several places where the faculty are always living under fear like that, and it really tears them up. I wish that I could say something other than that I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Leslie M-B said...

{{Seeking Solace}}

I'm sorry to hear you're going through some tough times. It's important to talk them through with someone. Do you have access to free or low-cost counseling through your work?

Sending good thoughts your way. . .

Weezy said...

i get it hun. You're an adjunct. You can't do your job because you want the students to be happy so they give you good evaluations. You can't be too hard, or they don't like you. If you are too easy they don't like you. You can't as for help, because it seems you are weak. If you complain about the students (like all faculty) you are suddenly bitter. If you need to vent...just toss me a line.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Thinking of you!

I hope things look up. I hope you feel much better soon. You can email me whenever you'd like. I hope you know that.

Be well. We're on your side.

Subscribe