The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just Another Reminder

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I just received an email from opposing counsel in my divorce case. It appears that my client will not allow her ex to visit with their child, despite a court order allowing visitation. At our last appearance, we agreed to specific dates and times. We are on the eve of the first visitation and my client is saying no. Plus, she will not let the paternal grandparents visit, something that was also in the order.

I tried to contact her. She is not answering her phone. I sent her an email too. No response yet.

So, if she does not comply, her ex can drag her int court and the judge can force her to comply. Plus, she will be responsible for his attorney's fees (and mine).

GRRR!!!!

Just another reminder as to WHY I no longer practice law.

7 comments:

Ianqui said...

Huh. Nice of her to tell you that. What, did she think you wouldn't find out?

Rebecca said...

Man, this really is the case that wouldn't die, huh? Can you use it as grounds to drop her as a client? At this point, it seems like all she's doing is causing you aggravation.

Seeking Solace said...

Rebbecca: I wish I could drop her, but the courts in my jurisdiction have very strict rules about dropping clients. Unfortunately, being a pain in the ass is not sufficient!

Anonymous said...

I think Charlie Brown said it best with the phrase "Aiiiggghhh!"

Wish that Ms. Client gets a brain and the rest of your break is a little more carefree and a lot less of this BS.

BrightStar (B*) said...

oh, no! Why did she agree to something that she couldn't live with??

Arbitrista said...

What is WRONG with people? You play the game, you follow the rules - even if you lose. Why do so many people think that the law just doesn't apply to them? It's mystifying.

sheepish said...

This is a good example of why I could never be a lawyer. I'm way too thin skinned and petty. After hearing things like that, I'd secretly be hoping for my client to get just a little screwed in the procedings.

Subscribe