The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Office Painting...Done

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband and I finished our painting project. The room looks great. The only thing left to do is purchase new lamps and outlet plates. Sorry, no photos. I am too cheap to buy a digital camera. Maybe Santa will bring one from Christmas???

Oh, in case you were wondering, there were only two F-bombs. The first was when Husband made the crack in the window glass worse. There is duct tape on the window until we can get the pane replaced. It looks kind of ghetto, so I don't think it will be there for very long. The second came from both of us when we realized that taking apart the window casing to paint and clean the windows was a bigger task than we thought. It took over an hour just to remove the frame. And I don't think the windows were cleaned since the Carter administration! Good thing we decided to leave the other window go and just tape around the walls and glass and clean the window as best as possible.

We are totally exhausted, but it was so worth it. There is something very rewarding about doing your own home improvement projects. In the past 12 years that we have lived in this house, we have learned a great deal. That's why I laugh my ass off when I watch those house flipping shows like "Property Ladder" because most of those people have NO CLUE of how much work it takes to remodel an older house. Especially when you spend the majority of your time correcting the half assed job the pervious owners made.

So, today I am going to relax. I am getting a pedicure this morning (Yippe!!) I will have to prepare for tomorrow's lectures at some point today. But it's a beautiful day, and I don't want to waste it!

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Congrats on the painting! I agree that there is something rewarding about house tasks. For me, I can only focus on small ones right now, but it's nice to see big changes and improvements based on your own efforts in just a day or two. So much academic work takes a long long long time to see evidence of your efforts, so we need these smaller contrasting projects to feel like our efforts amount to something sometimes, I think! At least, that's how it works for me.

yay about the pedi!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on it going so well and glad it rated only 2 F-bombs!!!

Subscribe