The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Anniversary Recap

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks everyone for all your cheers for my wedding anniversary. Husband and I went out to dinner to one of our favorite places. We ate on the patio and there was live music. We ate and drank ourselves stupid. We are both paying the price for that. Husband overslept and did not get to work until 9 AM. Yours truly woke up about 20 minutes ago!

Dinner was wonderful. I dined on lobster tails (forgive me my veggie friends). Husband had steak (he makes no apologies for his carnivorous ways). We also had cheesecake with strawberries. We drank too much wine. By the time we got home, we just collapsed on the couches, fat and happy!

In true Profgirrrl style, I had to partake in a little people watching while we were at the restaurant.

To the girl at the table to my right with the Daisy Duke's, tank top with not bra, cowboy hat, and boots: this is not the place in embrace your inner slut.

Ditto to the girl who walked by wearing the sheer top with pasties.

To the guy in the navy shorts: yes, your fly is down. Now fix it and move on.

(Husband's comment) To the security dude standing near our table, two words "Personal Trainer". My wife's biceps look better than yours!

We do not exchange gifts on our anniversary anymore. We just love having the chance to spend time together. Husband promised that this weekend, we would take my wedding ring to the jeweler for repairs. After one particular nasty RA flare, I had to have my wedding ring cut off. I wanted to wait until after the winter months to see if it can be resized, allowing some extra room for when my hands become swollen. If that can't be done, Husband has promised that we can pick out an anniversary band. (So Inaqui, I guess I am getting gold after all).

Well, now that I am awake, I should get moving. I am going to workout today, even though it's my off day from working out. I have to work off last nights festivities!

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Those are some awful fashion disasters!

Seeking Solace said...

Shelly: LOL re the finger. Yeah, it's just more fun to spend time together.

Subscribe