The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Life Update

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband ran in his first 5K yesterday. He finished with a time of 35:20. I am so proud of him. Not too bad for someone who stated training three weeks ago.

My central air is fixed. Turns out it was low on Freon. After filling it up and performing some routine maintenance, the final cost was $200.00. Thank God, Husband used to design software for cooling systems in cars before working at his present job. I think the repair guy was shocked about how much my guy knows!

Workouts are going well. I have added strength training. I must say, my arms are looking awesome. Scale isn't moving though. But my clothes fit better and I have dropped about half a size. I am just going to throw the damn scale out!

I sent resumes to two southern state universities. I have not heard anything yet. I am getting a little anxious about the process. It has been a while since I engaged in the whole job search thing. I should follow up AGAIN, but I don't want to sound like a pest.

So far, the Ipod is working fine. I can't say the same about Blogger. It Blogger constipated or what??


Ok, I need to get a workout in before I meet GML for lunch.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I say the fit of the clothes is a way better indicator than the scale any day!

Abbey said...

I've nver heard AC and 200 in the same sentence before. Husband's knowledge must have saved you from some price gouging.

About the lack of scale movement, I take measurements to see just how much I've lost so even if the scale doesn't move, I know my fat is :) And when worse comes to worse, I can look back on my measurements from 2 years ago and think, well I'm still thinner than then.

sheepish said...

Blah, blah, muscle weighs more than fat, weight fluctuates a few pounds throughout the day, blah. It's all about how you look and feel. Good job for sticking with a program! And good job to husband for staying alive in his 5k.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Yea AC and Yea exercising...

sunnyacre said...

I second deb's comment! Eff the scale!! Good luck w/the job search!

Subscribe