The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's All About the Benjamins, Baby

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I just found out that another instructor, who teaches nights and works in the tutoring center days has agreed to take all four classes. I guess she and the DI agreed to this BEFORE THEY EVEN ASKED ME! I guess as long as this person can get babysitting, the job is hers for $15 per hour.

Perhaps the DI asked me because she really did want me to do it, since I have taught the course before, which I understand. But to deny experience over a couple of extra dollars makes no real sense. Plus, it's not like she could have made a simple phone call to see if it was possible. She just threw her hands up in the air and said. "I can't do anything about it."

I am really pissed off at the entire thing.

I guess Diddy was right.

3 comments:

Ianqui said...

This woman really sounds like a piece of work. I'm glad you didn't give in to her.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, money drives just about all decisions in education. Even more sadly, instructional funding is the last to be considered, after all the other funds are left.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

It is possible that she's budget constrained -- although it seems as if the other instructor's salary should be available for you, no?

Generally, it sounds like the DI is a wacked-out, spineless, ninny. Keep sending out applications and get out--- you can't solve her issues on your own.

Subscribe