The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Thoughts

Posted by Seeking Solace |

1. I have to get my butt in gear with my course materials. I have to decide if I am going to change the entire scope of the research project as a result of Ding-Dong Student, or should I just choose cases that no one has used. What do you think?

2. I also have to get my Law and Ethics mock trial materials ready. There are two great cases in the book that should work.

3. Husband spoke to his parents last night. Our niece is having a birthday party next Sunday in Big City which is near Redneckville. From what I gathered from the conversation, his parents were hinting that we really should go. Big City is about a four hour drive from Lake Effect Snow Central, so we could do a day trip. But I worry about the Boy. I can’t make him hold it for 10 hours. And as you all know, the Boy is not welcome at any family functions. I suppose I could ask the Girl’s mom to check in on the Boy. (The Girl is the Boy’s girlfriend who lives next door. She is a chocolate Lab.) Husband is tap dancing around the issue with me because he knows how I feel about the whole issue with the Boy.

4. Husband is also tap dancing around the fact that he kept me awake again with his incessant snoring. To add insult to injury, the Boy joined in. Et tu Boy?

5. Once again, it’s cold here. The weather-dude is calling for frost tonight. What the hell? GML said she wanted to use her fireplace, but her husband vetoed that.

6. I have to go to the eye doc today. Will have no sight for the rest of the day because of the whole dilation thing. I guess it will be a great excuse for a nap!

6 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

1. Choose cases that no one has used.

3. I bet the girl's mom would be happy to check on the boy.

4. Cracking up at Et Tu Boy. :)

6. I stupidly tried to work when I was dilated last December, so you're smart not to try that. It was a waste of my effort. I was meeting with a grad student, squinting at his paper, and he was laughing at me.

sheepish said...

The Boy snores too? That's a real knife in the back. It's not like you carried him in your womb all those months just to be woken up by his snoring. What? But you're his mother, right? I didn't realize he had a girlfriend though. That's sweet!

sunnyacre said...

I feel your pain about the cold -- I could not believe it when I saw that there is a Winter Weather Advisory in effect for smallCity. Something about using the word "winter" to describe the weather when it's so close to June just does not sit right with me.

How could the Boy not be welcome, especially after the drive alone is 8 hours?! Hope things work out!

Dilation sucks. My old eye doctor used to put drops in my eyes to make them return to normal faster, but I don't think they made a difference.

Seeking Solace said...

Summer: The Boy is not welcome because my niece and nephew are afraid of dogs. Not because of anything that ever happened to them because of a dog, but because they have never really been exposed to them. So, when we go to visit Husband's side of the family, the Boy is not allowed to visit. It’s sad because kids should be taught how to properly interact with dogs.

Alice said...

I would use cases not used before.

Can we trade weather conditions? It's 97 here and I could sure use some cool breeze. Yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side...

sunnyacre said...

Yes, avoiding the problem is by far the worst way to go (at least in this case)! What do your in-laws do when their kids have friends who have dogs? They're passing up the opportunity to help their kids overcome their fear, and at The Boy's expense :o(. The only kind of pets that I avoid are cats. But, that's not by choice, but 'cause I'm so highly allergic.

Subscribe