The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, November 18, 2005

The Quest

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Unlike some of my blog-mate, I enjoy shopping. But there are two thing that I HATE to shop for; swimwear and jeans. Shopping for swimwear is an exercise in futility. There is nothing redeeming about it, no mater what size or shape you are.

Jeans come in a close second. I am 5’ 4’’, on a good day. I have a small waist and some junk in the trunk. So jeans are either too big in the waist, too tight in the hips, or too long. . I can try on 20 pairs and still not find that perfect fit. Also, I hate the whole low rise thing. Low rise jeans have contributed to America’s growing crack problem. Then there is the dreaded “Mom-Jean”. If you don’t know about the mom jean, you are probably wearing them right now!

The other day, Oprah had a jeans intervention with Stacey for TLC’s “What Not to Wear”. She had some great suggestions for those of us who would rather go to the dentist that shop for jeans.

Check it out: http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200511/tows_past_20051115_b.jhtml

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Subscribe